IKEducation Teacher Lab
IKEducation is excited to offer this free teacher lab to 15 creative teachers in July 2018! Participants will collaborate with museum specialists, archivists, and education professionals at the Eisenhower Presidential Library & Museum to develop and pilot instructional materials that will complement the renovated Eisenhower Presidential Museum for K-12 students.
CONNECTING THE PAST TO THE FUTURE
Dates On Site: July 9 - 13, 2018 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum, and Boyhood Home in Abilene, Kansas
Overview of Lab:
- Archivists and curators from the Eisenhower Library & Museum will guide teachers to primary sources and teaching collections at the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum.
- A Museum designer will guide participants through the plans and designs for the new Eisenhower Presidential Museum exhibits.
- Curriculum specialists will provide many ideas and examples of engaging experiential learning lessons and activities.
- Professional museum educators will lead discussions about schools and museums working together for amazing student learning experiences.
Who Should Attend: This workshop is open to just 15 creative Kansas K-12 certified public school teachers who are interested in creating curriculum to complement the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop or smart tablet, but we do have mini iPads for use on site.
Expectation of Participants:
- Teachers will create a topic-focused lesson plan that utilizes new features of the renovated Eisenhower Presidential Museum.
- Teachers will pilot their lesson plan with a class of their students during the fall semester of 2019 (in the renovated museum) and make any necessary revisions to finalize the curriculum for publication.
- $500 for one completed lesson plan, submitted before Dec. 1, 2018.
- $500 for piloting and revision of lesson plan before Dec. 1, 2019.
- This stipend will be paid directly to each participant.
Travel & Accommodations
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and costs.
- Lunches and snacks will be provided. Participants are responsible for their other meals.
Questions? Contact Mitzi Bankes Gose, Director of IKEducation MBGose@EisenhowerFoundation.net or 785-263-6793